Saturday, December 09, 2006

Well, this is not a new one...

So long! Ok guys, I'd just like to post it here if you haven't seen this Russian fairy tales book cover before. I made it many years ago and this is one of my favorite.
Actually, I had done another one cover for this book, at first, but the publisher told me something like: "..it's Ok, looks good, BUT could you Boris, please, draw something else for us? Maybe better. Just a little better". I was feeling really bad then and I'd been thinking what can I draw "better". Eh?!
A day later, suddenly, I woke up at about 4:00AM with an idea booming in my mind. I made a rough sketch and fell asleep in peace and happiness.
I woke up a few hours later and started drawing immediately. Working non stop within about 12 hours with my pencil, brush and pen; water colors and black ink -- I had this book cover been done, it's face and back sides. Frankly to say, compare to the first version, this second one is much better. Thank you, dear Publisher! :) By the way, he was happy with this cover.

You will find more illustartions I made at different times
if you'd go and see My Old Portfolio


No comments: